The LuminAID Light
The LuminAID Light is the world’s first inflatable solar-powered light. It was designed to fulfill the basic need for light in post-natural disaster situations shortly after the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Designers Anna Stork and Andrea Sreshta shared an interest in solar lighting technology and a common belief that design can be used to solve problems at a global scale including improving access to basic resources.
It’s low-cost, rechargeble, lightweight an is ideal for emergency use, as a replacement for a kerosene lamp, and as a camping lantern.
$15.00 / www.luminaid.com
Inflatable Solar Light. Charges in sunlight and inflates to diffuse light like a lantern.
- Weight: 4.5 oz
- Dimensions: 8.25″ W x 12″ L (when not inflated)
- Push Button Switch with HIGH and LOW settings
- Charges in 4 hours in full sunlight
- 6-8 Hours LED light on HIGH setting
- 8-10 Hours LED light on LOW setting
- Water-resistant and can float
- Handle for carrying and hanging
- All components including battery are lead-free